Sunday, March 18, 2007

Studio DaphNat #2 - THE RESULTS - Rinse Aid Resist

A few weeks ago Nat and I tried the Rinse Aid Resist technique.

I tried it on a canvas. Because I wasn't really satisfied with the results I tried the Peeling Paint technique last weekend to make the canvas look better; a good decision.. I loved the canvas after that.

This weekend we both worked on a project for our Rinse Aid experiment and I am really proud to show it here.
It took me 7! hours to make it look like this but I LOVE the result.

First I made 2 phototransfers (color & black/white) on the canvas with Golden gel medium... I did something wrong but I liked the result anyhow...Might have to explore this technique further together with Nat later on..













Because the transfer directly on canvas didn't work out the way I planned I made a transfer with the color copy and contactpaper. I started adding and moving around paper, fibers, paint, did some stamping on the canvas with Stazon and after a while this is what came out of it:

















Now go over to Nat's blog and check out her Rinse Aid Results!

17 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

wow .- my mouth dropped down - this is sooo amazing!!!!! Love the whole canvas - this so rocks!!!

Charlotte said...

OMG... this is totally AWESOME!!! Love it, love it, love it!

Monique said...

Wow girl!! You ROCK!!!! Love the beautiful colors!! (en het was de 7 uur echt waard!)

Nicole said...

wow Daphne wat een geweldig resultaat zeg en je banner is ook weer super...

gr Nicole

Emine_Pala_Art_22 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emine_Pala_Art_22 said...

Hi Sweetie

I JUST LOVE IT... Wonderfull art...
Love your work... you are one talented chick you know that? LOL

Emine

Anonymous said...

The canvas turned out beautiful! Love the technique and the altering of your canvas.

D@nielle said...

love love love this, I sort of expected to see the F on there lol ....

Anonymous said...

Wow daphne I so love this!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant piece of art, wanna see this up close some day, cos there's so much to discover! That butterlfy is stunning & new banner rocks too!

Francine said...

Dit is echt ZO ONTZETTEND gaaf!

Anonymous said...

OMG rinse aid??? and you get these stunning results? WOW

Christiane said...

only one word: * WOW *!!!!!!!!!

Mirjam said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!! Love it, great colors, great techniques!

karen (me-shell) said...

beautiful!!! it radiates "frida" :) que bueno!

saffiertje said...

This looks so great! Wouldnt'dare to try...Looks so compecated....

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is so cool! Looks amazing.