Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day - DT kit Memory Lane

Last month our DT assignment was to make something with the red, cream and black collection from Autumn Leaves with the following theme: Mother.






I altered a 3D photoframe from Ikea; printed an old picture of my mother on an inkjet transparency and adhered it to the cardboard frame on which I glued 4 different pieces of patterned paper. On the background of the 3D frame I glued a big bloomer (check them out HERE) and you can see it through my mother's face.
The final effect is kind of difficult to photograph so I hope you get the point.

Wanna see what the rest of the DT did with this assignment?
Then have a look HERE

Enjoy your sunday :-)

12 comments:

Nat said...

beautiful layout!!!

*fauve* said...

Beautiful,love the picture on the transparency!

Eminepala said...

yeah beautiful daphne...
happy mothersday

xoxo
Emine

MaMaLoT said...

This frame rules! Love what you did with the transparency! And the bloomers rock!

x

christiane said...

daphne, this is great!! love that paper!! have a nice week!! :))

Nicole said...

Wow Daphne...I love the idea with the bloomer and the transparency picture...

gr Nicole

D@nielle said...

so loved your take on the assignment !

Francine said...

HEEL mooi Daphne!

Angelique said...

Amazing and original and beautiful !

Angelique said...

it reminds me of ICONS ... the effect with the flower behind the transperancy...

Mandy said...

Vewy vewy cool idea to alter a photoframe with this!

Sharon said...

A very beautiful and personal piece of work. Stunning!